Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program and Federal Lifeline Program
The Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program (NTAP) is available for qualifying customers to reduce the cost of local phone service by up to $8.75 per month ($5.25 Federal Lifeline and $3.50 from NTAP).
ELIGIBILITY: To qualify for NTAP, a consumer must participate in ONE of the following programs:
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP)
- Medicaid (Children’s Health Insurance Programs)
- Supplemental security income (SSI)
- Federal Public housing assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension
- Income at or below 135% of poverty level
APPLICATION FOR SERVICE: A customer may apply for Lifeline through a consumer portal at https://www.checklifeline.org/lifeline, mailing in a paper application to the USAC Lifeline Support Center, or by working with your service provider.
After qualifying for Federal Lifeline Support a customer may receive the state NTAP credit for local phone service by mailing a signed a Citizenship Attestation Form to: