Mobius Communications Company Website Privacy Statement
Mobius does not:
- Collect individually identifiable information from our customers via our website unless it is provided to Mobius. (Mobius does ask for individual information for account setup.)
- Sell the names and addresses of visitors to Mobius’ website to unaffiliated suppliers, without disclosing this where the information is collected in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Use security techniques designed to protect customers’ information from unauthorized access. (See Information Security below.)
- Collect, maintain and use customer information as necessary to provide the most helpful and targeted products and services to meet customers’ needs.
- Honor customers’ requests to remove their names from our telephone or mail solicitation lists using reasonable efforts to delete the information from existing files. (You may contact Mobius to request such removal.)
- When Mobius undertakes projects with other companies, provide access to customer information with an understanding that our business partners will also treat the information with respect for privacy concerns. In addition to individually identifiable information, Mobius may collect information automatically when a visitor enters the Mobius website, such as the domain name, browser, the type of computer operating system, information about the web page from which the visitor linked to the site, and time spent on different pages within the site. Mobius may use this information to evaluate and improve the site, and may share the information with business partners and others. This collection shall be done in accordance with state and federal requirements.
A cookie is a small, encrypted data string the Mobius server writes to your hard drive that contains your unique Mobius User ID. Cookies are used to deliver web content specific to your interests and to control access to your personal shopping cart, if applicable, after your initial entry. The cookie permits the server to recall information from your previous visit. A cookie is not used to access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. With most browsers, you can choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies. Please be aware that cookies may be required to complete certain functions on the Mobius website and other Internet sites.
Mobius has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under Mobius’ control. When you place an order with Mobius, the information you submit is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Information provided to third-party websites is the responsibility of the third-party website and may not receive this protection.
Disclosure of Account Information
As a general rule, Mobius does not release customer account information to unaffiliated third parties without your permission unless we have a business relationship with those companies where the disclosure is appropriate and the disclosure is allowed in accordance with state and federal requirements. There are exceptions to this general rule. For example, Mobius might provide information to regulatory or administrative agencies so that they can accomplish their regulatory tasks (for example, responding to a customer inquiry) or maximize the efficiencies of our own processes (such as correcting mailing addresses). Other disclosures will be driven by legal requirements imposed on us. Mobius complies with “legal process,” such as a subpoena or court order or other similar demand, associated with either criminal or civil proceedings.
Mobius will only disclose account information to the customer whose name appears on the account. If you request disclosure to a third party, this disclosure will be made in compliance with state and federal requirements. In compliance with state and federal requirements, Mobius may provide account information to other companies in the process of providing services to you. Mobius typically has a business relationship with these companies. For example, another company may be hired to bill your account. Mobius may provide account information to collection agencies when customers do not pay their bills. Use that can be made of this information is limited to collection activities for our charges and for the charges Mobius bills for others.
Because Mobius appreciates the trust you have placed in us, we continually look for ways to enhance our business relationship. From time to time, Mobius may inform you about a product or service. Using the information you have provided, Mobius strives to limit our offers to those we think you would appreciate receiving. Mobius wants every contact you have with us to be a positive experience. So if you would prefer not to receive these value-added services, offers and opportunities, just contact us.
This website is not targeted at children younger than 13 years of age. Mobius does not knowingly collect or store information of children younger than 13. Visitors to this website who are under the age of 13 may use these sites only with the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian. Mobius believes that parents should supervise their child’s online activities and recommends that parents consider using one of a number of available parental control tools that provide a child-friendly online environment and can prevent children from disclosing individually identifiable information without parental consent. Because the Internet offers open access to a wide range of information, it is important that parents supervise and prevent access to inappropriate content, email, or chat sessions.
Mobius is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of other sites. You should keep this in mind when accessing sites through links on Mobius’ website.
Mobius will constantly strive to improve the services offered and may update this privacy statement from time to time in connection with that effort. Mobius reserves the right to expand our capabilities for information collection and use and may change our policies along with this privacy statement at any time. Please check this website frequently to see recent changes.